Thursday, June 28, 2012

The Last Tear

“Are you alright”,he asked.
I wondered in amazement,may be in fear,what to say and what to not.I decided to hide my emotions and feelings from him.Somehow i noticed he was not interested.He was  looking for something.His eyes were red with tears.
Man,he was crying.I stopped to ask whether this was of delight or really tears.He murmured something of which i was unable to figure anything.I repeated my urge.
He asked me one thing,every drop of my tears has got an story.Each tear has got an intense story from the previous fallen tear.The highly intense one was yet to come,I thought.He then asked ,’Which tear’.
I was confused.I thought of comparing my fear of separation with his desperation.I told ,”Let us wait till your last tear falls”.He agreed.He cried for hours.Then that final hour came.
He told,”My life had many ups and downs.I studied studied and studied till i saw my friends perishing away.They were dying.I saw i have grown old.I have forgotten my friends.But they remembered me.They wrote me letters.I ignored them.The last tear i shed was for all the previous tears.I am a culprit.”
I stood aghast.Such can be the sentiments.My fear of separation was gone.I have learned a lesson.Because everybody owes to be remembered.

2 comments:

  1. beautifully written!! everybody owes to be remembered!!

    i can relate to this post!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanx debajyoti...to relate to something is very important.

    ReplyDelete